Holidays

I don't know if it's the past experiences I've had with the holidays or if it's because my life is in flux right now that I'm feeling a little bitter towards the holidays.

I was listening to some Christmas music on the way to the office when I pulled up to a bearded, homeless man with a sign asking for money. "Anything helps." I felt bad for him. Normally, after looking at someone like that, I'd just look away and go about my business. But for a split second, I felt sorry that it was cold and that he was homeless.

I drive up to the house and look around my neighborhood to find that a lot of the houses have actually put up lights this year. I keep meaning to and wonder if its even worth doing now.

Its just such a weird time for me that this time of year is getting on my nerves again, like it did way back when.

I'm feeling a bit like Scrooge right now. I can't explain it. Just figured I'd write about it.

-30-

0 comments:

 
I Rant Therefore I Rave | Designed by Techtrends | © 2007-2008 All rights reserved