A Really Good Bloggers

So, the wife and I are driving home from getting some ice cream Saturday when we drive up to a stop light and I notice this van to our immediately right.

The van is white with a sticker on the back door and the side panel. The sticker has a fox in a tuxedo and the words, "Red Fox Cleaners".

I immediately do my bad and very limited imitation of Red Foxx and Tonya laughs. Then she notices the tag line underneath the name.

TONYA: 'A Really Good Cleaners'. Is that even right?
ME: It actually says that?
TONYA: Look at it.

So I look at the van and sure enough, that's what it says. I'm still not sure it's right. I probably is and it's just one of those things that while correct, still sounds strange.

I know, as a writer, I should have the sense to know if that's grammatically correct. I'm going to have to look it up. For now, here's the picture that I took of the van just before we turned down Bristlecone on the way home.

Lamont, ya big dummy, clean that up.

TONYA: You're gonna blog about this, aren't you?
ME: Oh, yeah.

Okay, wrong or right, how is that even a good tag for the company? What if GM just tagged themselves, "A Really Good Car"? Or Burger King just said, "A Really Good Burger"? People are going to think, "These guys are nutty." As we drove by, there were two obviously Mexican guys in the cab. As I looked at them, one of them raised his foot at dash-level and then the other one guy followed. They were comparing their shoes, I think. Just weird.

Well, I'm going to see if that tag is grammatically correct, but if you can tell me if this is right or not, please chime in. I'm so dumb.

-30-

0 comments:

 
I Rant Therefore I Rave | Designed by Techtrends | © 2007-2008 All rights reserved